11/4/10

Greetings. I've Come to Subjugate You With a New Blog



Photobucket


Well, I've been saying I was going to do it for a while now, but I've finally taken the plunge. Yep, I started a new blog. In the ocean of blogs out there, mine is probably just another pebble of shit on top of the mound, but dammit, I love forcing my opinions on unsuspecting internet surfers. If someone enjoys it and interacts with me about movies, that's swell! If they think I'm just another opinionated hack, well, that's ok, too.

You may know that I write for the horror site All Things Horror Online with my buddy Mike Snoonian. We've been going relatively strong over the past year and it's been a blast so far. We aren't quite where we want to be, but we're getting there. I will still continue writing over there, but here I've decided to tackle some things that aren't really appropriate for a horror site. What I'm saying is, there are a few itches not being scratched and I hope to remedy that here. I may occasionally diverge from that and talk about horror, but my main focus is going to be No Things Horror for the most part.

You see, I'm a film junkie. I watch any and all kinds of movies from the very best to the very worst. It's just what I do and I have been ever since I was probably three years of age. I got hooked immediately watching old monster movies and 50's atomic-age sci-fi and have grown to appreciate all types for films from animation to documentaries to Giallo to experiemental. If I may quote the supremely shitty Aerosmith, "I don't wanna miss a thing". Here in Boston, we have a number of awesome independent theaters that work hard to bring in provocative, original, and best of all, true independent film. I spend a lot of time with my butt planted in their seats, and plan to share reactions to as many of them as I have time.

Before I sink too far in this self-indulgent post, I just wanted to thank my pal Fred McKennon, aka The Rev, over at his diabolical site The Reverend Phantom for his gorgeously colorful design work on my banner. I gave him a concept and he ran with it producing a nice piece in a mere couple of days. Thanks, Rev! I urge you to contact the Rev when you need design work as he has designed many great posters and banners for me.

Please forgive the obvious holes scattered throughout this blog. I'm still working on the design. I haven't even really figured things out yet, so it may look different every time you (hopefully) come back.

So welcome to The DIY Drive-In. In the meantime, gimme some feedback. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Sarah Carr, Studio Director said...

Site looks great! Can't wait to read more.

Unknown said...

Looking good so far, man and thanx for the plug!

Chris H said...

Thanks, Studio Director Sarah.

Rev, I was worried I plugged you too far down in the post.